Goldwork Embroidery - Techniques and Projects
My forthcoming book: Goldwork Embroidery - Techniques and Projects
Due to be released on 10th January 2020, available for pre order now.
All copies bought from Laurelin will be signed.
From the cover:
Goldwork must be the most dramatic of the embroidered arts. The smallest addition of metal thread to a piece of embroidery can lend immediate visual impact, and yet the technique can also be beautifully subtle. A design stitched in gold work will be rich in texture, shine and sparkle, and metal threads can be combined beautifully with other techniques. Aimed at guiding you through each stitch and technique, and with tips for moving on to your own designs, this book is full of practical instruction. With its high level of detail and over 600 photographs, it will be a treasured companion, whether you are a novice or an experienced embroiderer.
- Guide to materials and equipment, advice on getting started preparing fabrics and transferring designs
- Helpful direction on design strategy specifically aimed at gold work, and advice on the order of work
- Step-by-step photographs to guide the reader through each technique
- A focus on traditional methods and how to use these within traditional or contemporary designs
- Instructions on techniques to combine with gold work, including silk shading
- Six projects show how to use and combine the various goldwork techniques